Working in the Promised Land - You Boy


Hello yall well it's been a while! I'm so glad to be out of the MTC and ha they said well you will miss it and want to be back there in a few weeks and we'll they could be right they are not with me. Whenever they would say that I would laugh look em in the eyes and say yeah we will see... 


The food here is much better! Umm the food in the MTC wasn't much to write home about but the chocolate milk. Yeah, I had a problem drinking a lot of that yeah I've put on some weight earlier than I thought I would but well I hope it doesn't just kick of something that's going to suck for my whole mission because well. Folk I can't grow much wider or I'll need to get new pants lol. Not really worried about it but it's kinda funny. I hate the get-to-know-you question about your hobbies because it's like oh I used to do all these fun things now my hobby is serving God full time it's just funny I love it. 







We had some members feed us Sunday night and well I was fasting and ready for that to be over and in the car we were talking about fasting and like the first time we did it and I looked to them and told them it was pretty much my first time fasting. It's just tough to remember and follow through with but the food was great the Bagleys fed us well! They are a young couple in the ward just love the people here.

So a funny thing here is something called prayer talk. I've never heard of it before till I got here ya know the south. Well, people will say things in your prayer like. "Yes Lord" or a loud "mmm" just a funny odd thing. Was super funny in church when they said something like Joseph Smith thought his brother was in hell because he wasn't baptized and an older man goes "MMmm" loudly was just funny they are such cool people! 

Oh, guess what's one of the best parts about being in the area I'm in! I get to do service on a farm 2 times a week with horses and pigs and chickens and just other farm work! So the area I'm in the AP's hyped up before we got to know where we are going and like of course I'm not paying too much attention I don't think I'll go to the amazing place but well... lucky me God's got me here in the "promised land" and we'll I'm enjoying it. 

Should I go on? Been a long email but I didn't send one last week so I think it's okay good work if you made it this far. 

Been miracles we have seen already like just talking to a woman named Cleo we called her one day and she hadn't talked to the missionaries in a long time but we called her and she was happy we did her day was hard we shared a message right when she needed to hear it and we are starting to teach her more.

One thing that's been so so hard in my life is understanding God's timing that's so rough! But as far as waiting to get out on my mission as long as I did well the 3 jobs I had before coming out have all helped so far especially the job where I worked with people on the phone we do a lot of calls it's still kinda covidy out here not to bad but still lots of calls we are going to try to move away from that and just find in more ways but anyways 

Love you all my thing I'll just say and I hope it carries me the next two years is 
"I'm just happy to be here"

Love you all
Elder Gridley 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There and back again

I'm not happy Bob, not happy.

I thought it was crazy but I did it