I thought it was crazy but I did it

 Tuesday the 6th






Today started out with interviews with the mission president; which is always really fun. We have seen President Hutchesen a lot recently. Zone conference, stake conference, and interviews. There has been a big focus on trying to talk with everyone and you'd think after being on my mission for 20 months I'd be a natural by now. Well as of 4 weeks ago I'd still kinda dread talking with everyone it's scary as many might agree, but I love it now so much more fun. With the focus to talk with everyone we have also just talked about being focused on our missionary purpose (Inviting others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel by faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost). So what I think of now is do you want to come closer to God? Some people say yes others say no. Among the people who say yes we go further if you are wanting to come closer to God, I know how or I believe I do. Only one way to find out you'd have to do what we ask you to do. Come to church. You don't want to? That's fine but God has people who are ready for church and his restored gospel we will help them first because they are really willing to put God ahead of everything else in their lives. My thought of being focused on my missionary purpose has driven me to be more particular about those I talk to. I talk to some people a lot more now and others I take less time just "talking" to because some people want only to talk. As a result of talking with so many more people, I find a lot more satisfaction and joy in being a missionary than before anyway. We put a guy today on a date to be baptized and he is coming to church and has a ride set up for him with a member so he will be there. Also set up a time for a meal/meeting in that same member's home for next week. Pray he comes to church and we have that meeting next week (his name is Lee). 

June 21st
Today we had an exchange with Elizabeth City Elders Anderson and Tolman they spent the night and we had a lot of fun! We talked to a few cool people today and some people that are sour but have no appreciation for sweet without the sour. Both are good in some ways. We had a great teaching experience with a guy named Tony cool dude down for church and the Book of Mormon but lives in my last area, unfortunately, we are going to try to get him connected with those elders for our next lesson which will be a phone call. We were gonna meet with Sabrina today but she left with her daughter to run errands so the member we were gonna teach with went knocking with us and got us dinner at Burger King. After the day was over we did some face masks that's odd but okay. I don't love face masks its not my thing. 

For church on Sunday, we had a new friend who came named Lee we also had Crystal and Kendal come. They called us out of the blue asking to get money help which is like um nope but come to church. They did they had a great time hopefully they come back next week too. A woman named Sister Trudel was at church and she lost her son and has been dealing with that it was good to see her again. Really good week talking to everyone. Fewer people at church than we hoped but lots of good happening. Our friend Sabrina didn't come but it's so cool to see so many good changes in her life it's just a testimony of what we are doing. Gods in the details.

I'll occasionally grapple with the fact that I'll be home in October that seems so close couldn't have been anywhere close to 2 years yet! I've heard people that go home say when they wake up in their bed at home the mission felt like a dream mine has at times but I know because of what I'm doing now I'm going to be better prepared for the rest of my life. Happy to still be in Virginia 
Love
Elder Gridley

P.S. Sorry it's been so long

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There and back again

I'm not happy Bob, not happy.