Oh yeah, it's all coming together

 

After much effort life here is just becoming even more of joy. I wonder what makes two seemingly rather different people eventually come from tolerating the other to enjoying their presence to eventually loving them. That's what God can do. I'm far from perfect but have seen God help me love others end to just begin to truly love others that's one of God's gifts that I truly cherish.


This week we meet with Hubert again second time had another good lesson he didn't really read much so that's a bummer... We meet with him and his wife and she was in desperate need of a blessing. It's unusual to explain and even give blessings to people who are rather unfamiliar but it did go well. We blessed his wife who was in great pain. Though not healed at that moment the spirit in that home was of such value it was wonderful so thankful to be in North Carolina.

We were hoping to have about 4-6 people at church and we were super excited leading up to it.  

We got our friend Jeromiah on a date! We set the goal of getting baptized July 30th. A quote I've learned out here that's awesome and I love is "There is no change, no fate, no destiny, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul" I love it reminds me of a sign I saw many many times for a few years. The body will do what the mind tells it to do. 

So while I know of a better place to be but a better way to use downtime oh yeah I get bored. Well, most of my family will know what the Dice game is. We made our own little make-shift dice game. Pretty fun but "I won't bore you with the details" -Matthew from the Chosen.

I've just started liking my time with my wonderful companion more and more great missionary. I've been seeing slight changes in the work all together I'm so grateful God's helping me just be more as he needs me to be more willing to talk and just discuss the gospel super blessed and very grateful. 

Elder Wilkinson had a funny dream that's been a joke here now for the last few days but he woke up and shared a dream where he had to serve an additional 2 weeks in his dream. He wasn't happy about it and he found out from a paper from another missionary who I guess didn't like him and it had a note why he had to do another 2 weeks and it said "for his contributions" like he just hasn't worked it was pretty funny he was super mad in his dream it was funny. 

Anyways have a great week 

Elder Gridley :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There and back again

I'm not happy Bob, not happy.

I thought it was crazy but I did it