First letter from Jonas

 Even though he's still home, here is his official week's update:

Hi, family and friends, this week has been good little less than a week of actually being a missionary but I'm loving it. I have two good teachers and love my district. I have always known I suck at texting but this just makes it so much worse lol. I might figure it out while I serve over time but it definitely will take a good amount of time. 

I didn't understand why they gave me the best comp so early into the mission! Well, I hope I like all my companions but I love the one I have now he is very cool from cedar city and we have just shared stories and talked learned about each other and just started to become friends. it is so weird it's all over text or zoom so that's just funny to me. We already talk about coming home and meeting up and going camping or something like that. 
I've heard lots of different things on the rules like how they can/are important and how they will bless me if I follow them and just thought about it and they are so new and different. Just a total 180 for anyone and everyone that goes on a mission I'm sure. But hey I'll just do my best every day and just try to be better the next regardless of how I've done that day.
We have been learning a lot and I feel like I just am only getting some of it but you know what it's okay I will say I love having the spirit with me it's just so different. I love that feeling! Elder Matthews and I taught an "investigator" last night and had an idea of what to teach and talk about but we looked at her like profile and it had all changed or at least we think it did some things in there that we thought were in there before were not there anymore and we felt we couldn't talk about it anymore. Anyways so we had to make a whole new lesson in like 12 minutes on zoom before we talked to her and you know what? It went well we both felt the spirit and just followed the promptings we got. You are not supposed to ask if they are actually an investigator or anything. It's tempting to ask and just talk like, forget the whole investigator and see who you're actually talking to because they are just acting but she is a good actor. After we had it I looked her up on Facebook and lol she's not an investigator shes a returned missionary and we have another meeting with her tonight at 8 so hope that goes well.
Anyways folks Yes it's hard and I'm sure will only get harder as a missionary so you know what brings it on I'm not asking for it to get harder but you know what that's life. I'm happy as a missionary and enjoying the work. I hope to just enjoy the work as much as I can and just be the best person I can be. 

I love you and miss all of you more than you know

Elder Gridley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There and back again

I'm not happy Bob, not happy.

I thought it was crazy but I did it